Monday, February 25, 2013

What I wore Sunday: Vol. 8, Wearing the Baby

It was a little bright outside, but such a gorgeous day! Hard to believe we had over an inch of rain on Saturday...

Yep, that's right, I wore a baby! Since Emily and Erin are no longer nursing and have taken to exploring the house, I've had to make an effort to give them plenty of snuggle time. Not that I don't enjoy holding my baby girls, but they are just too busy! They still love riding around in the Ergo, though, so I wear them while I'm doing chores, running errands...or going to Mass. I'm not sure why we never did this before - or maybe we did and I've forgotten about it? I remember using the sling to hold Emily when she was first going to Mass, when the girls were less than two months old. Time flies! That was six months ago already. 

Anyway, it worked like a charm. We'd gone to Starbucks early in the morning to meet my aunt for coffee, since she was in town and we rarely get to see her. It was a real treat to hang out and chat for a while! I wore Erin then, and she napped the whole time. I could tell Emily wanted to sleep too, but she just never calmed down quite enough. I strapped her in and she was asleep shortly after the Gospel. Problem solved. She napped, her sister played with Daddy, and I even got a second afternoon nap out of both girls (and a FULL NIGHT'S SLEEP last night!)

What I wore:
Baby carrier: Ergo by Ergobaby (best baby carrier EVER!)
Fleece top: Old Navy (made a super snuggly, droolproof pillow out of Mommy)
Jeans: Citizens of Humanity (thrifted)
Shoes (not visible in this shot, but you can see them here): Dansko
Emily is wearing an adorable fleece sleeper from Carter's with flowers, a monkey on the front, and polkadot ruffles on the bottom!

For more Mass-inspired outfits, visit Fine Linen and Purple!

6 comments:

  1. Babies make the best accessories! Do you tandem wear your twins? I'm debating getting one of those TwinGo carriers for my 3-month-olds... The Ergo is great, but I haven't tried pairing it with other carriers yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosie, I've never heard of the TwinGo! That sounds really cool. We have two Ergos, one for me and one for my husband, and I know you can use it both ways but I've never tried doubling them. I'm really narrow, so I don't know if both sets of straps would fit on my shoulders! It might work though :)

      Delete
    2. Sorry, I didn't answer your original question. I haven't tandem worn the girls since they were very, very tiny and they were in a sling. They are around 33 lbs together now, so it wouldn't be impossible, but I have some neck problems right now so I won't be trying it anytime soon. I do know people who've done it though!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Rosie...babies do make the best accessories. Loving the red sweater on you! Yay for sunshine!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love red, and I love wearing it beyond Christmas. It's such a cheerful color!

      Delete
  3. Ha! I wore a twin to mass too! :)

    ReplyDelete