Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thoroughly Thankful Thursday: Waking up early

Happy Thursday! Today I'm thankful for waking up early. Normally Emily and Erin wake up between 7 and 7:30, but today Erin started fussing around 6:00. I woke up and it was still dark, so I figured it was the middle of the night. I was surprised to see that my phone said 6:09 as I got out of bed. After getting both girls up, fed, and changed, I decided to just get showered and dressed myself. We even had pancakes for breakfast! I cleaned out our "pantry" earlier this week, so it was easy to find everything I needed to make them. I love it when chores pay off like that!

It's a lot easier to cook now that I organized our "pantry"!

Dan and I didn't get to bed very early last night, so waking up early wouldn't have been my first choice, but it was actually nice to be up before he started work. Making breakfast was fun too! I haven't made pancakes for quite a while, and I always forget how easy they are. Emily and Erin aren't quite old enough to try them, but they will be soon! I bet they'll love having homemade pancakes for breakfast. I'm not sure I can pull this getting up early off every day (well, other than Saturdays, when I get up at 4 for work) but I'm certainly thankful that it happened today!




No comments:

Post a Comment