Friday, February 14, 2014

7 Quick Takes: Headaches, heartaches, and alarm clock problems

Once again, it's naptime on Friday. Darn. I'm getting predictable, and I don't know if I like that or not. Yawn. (Maybe I'm just tired...it's a distinct possibility.) I'm struggling with getting up early these days. How do you discipline yourself to get out of bed when the alarm goes off - the first time? What's your morning routine? I can get up after about 15 minutes, but it's harder every day. Maybe this is normal...
This trick is making getting ready easier, though. I shower the night before and pile my wet hair on my head in a towel. When I wake up the next morning, it's curly and ready to shake over my shoulders with no styling. I love it, and it's totally natural, and so easy! 
The snow is gone. For the most part. People are getting their power back finally. Trees are starting to look normal and their branches aren't covering the roads anymore. It's good to have our rainy weather back!
This is how we spend our rainy afternoons...

My heart is breaking for Mandi and her family. Please keep them in your prayers as they weather their second loss in the past three months.
My head still hurts from my concussion nearly three weeks ago. I went back for another checkup yesterday and finally heard a coherent explanation about what's going on. Evidently, there's still swelling in my brain which is causing pressure and dizziness when I bend forward. So most of the time, I'm ok. When I have to bend over, I almost pass out. He also mentioned superficial brain bleeding might have contributed to my misery over the past few weeks. How...pleasant? We're holding off on further testing unless my headaches and confusion continue to get worse, and trying to give as much time for rest as possible to speed healing. Naps help. Long nights folding laundry don't. I'll learn eventually.
Erin had her first swim lesson yesterday! It was really fun. Emily enjoyed watching us (I could only swim with one baby at a time). We had a great time singing with her friends in the water. I loved how excited both girls got when the teacher sang her name!
This was what I came out to at 5 am. He got home at 12:30 am. I'm lucky.

Erin and Emily's current favorite show is "Super Why". Erin calls it "Powa to Weed!" because it's all about using the "power to read" to solve "super big problems". I think the kids like it because everything to them is a super big problem. When I paused it on Netflix the other day, Erin wailed "Mama! Powa to weed stuck! Stuck! Stuck! Da!" She was traumatized until I turned off the TV and she couldn't see the frozen characters any more.
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed you try and wake up with an alarm!! Our twins are my alarm! It'd be nice to get up earlier than they or their bro to have a little me time but, nope, not gonna happen! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had the option! I have to leave for work by 5:40 so I am getting up between 4:45 and 5 every morning. It's worth it to get home early, but gosh, getting up is hard!

      Delete