Sunday, June 30, 2013

What I Wore Sunday: Throwback outfit!



Outfit:
Top - American Eagle (2008)
Skirt - American Eagle (2004)
Sandals - Target
Earrings and necklace - gifts

I realize the title of this post may be a tad misleading. I've never worn this exact outfit before here on WIWS, but I've owned both of these long enough to make this a throwback outfit. I got the shirt before we got married, after eying it for months on the table at American Eagle. I got the skirt years before that, while I was still in high school. I really didn't think they'd ever fit again. But they do! I'm so excited. I love that there are actually things in my closet that are classic enough to be worn for nearly a decade and still feel stylish. 

I tried something different today, and actually took time to read the readings and a reflection before Mass. I've done it before, but it's been a few months. It helped me refocus quickly once I could actually hear what was being said. Emily was relatively quiet during Mass today, but Erin was not. The heat didn't help our cause -  it's been in the mid-90s here for three days now, after beginning the week with highs in the mid-60s. Poor Emily hit her head on the pew and snuggled up to sleep on my chest in the Ergo after crying and screaming in Dan's arms. Erin fussed and talked and finally found happiness sitting in a grownup chair, looking like she owned the place. I still give her a B, since she could have been much noisier and crankier, and she's only 1. I'll give Emily an A, since she had a valid reason to be screaming at the beginning, and was sleeping until the very end when we left. 

Hope you all have a great Sunday and a wonderful week - try to stay cool! Linking up with Fine Linen and Purple, as always!




4 comments:

  1. what a fabulous summer outfit. the neckline on your top is just divine. So elegant and feminine. Yay for fitting into things you never thought you would again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outfit! My little one bumped her head at Mass this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute and flattering outfit. Who cares that it's made up of older pieces. When something looks good... wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I have a lot of older pieces in my closet too. I feel like it keeps my wardrobe interesting though... as long as I can bring myself to let go of the pieces that are not appropriate anymore. When I was first dating my husband I put on an old outfit, and he said, "Are you having a theme day too?" I think he was wearing something ridiculous that day like his leopard print shorts as a "theme day," but as I was not aiming to be part of the theme day I realized that outfit had to go. :)

    Jennifer @ Little Silly Goose

    ReplyDelete