Monday, June 3, 2013

What I Wore Sunday: Corpus Christi


On me:
Dress - Merona (Target)
Sweater - Mossimo (Target)
Sandals - Target
On Emily: 
Footie pajamas - Carter's

Mass was a little more exciting today than normal - not just because it was a day dedicated (even more than normal) to the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ. Erin was unusually fussy today, and Dan finally had to take her outside during the Consecration. She's gotten so strong that when she gets upset, it's almost impossible to calm her because she flails around so much. Going outside seems to distract her enough to calm down, however. I was a little surprised that we had to resort to it yesterday, since she'd been in a fairly good mood and had even slept in a little.

Shortly after they walked out, I saw an older couple rush out the doors. The man was supporting his wife as though she was very ill. I focused my attention back to Mass, but kept glancing back to see if Dan and Erin would come back inside, since I couldn't hear her anymore. Suddenly, the sound of sirens pierced through the air. Since our church is near the downtown fire station, that's not terribly unusual, but this time they stopped right outside. I glanced back once and saw a stretcher on the steps, but I couldn't see anyone. After another ten minutes or so, Dan and Erin came back in, we went up for Communion, and things wrapped up like normal. 

After Mass, Dan filled me in on what had happened. He said I could share the story here (though he was being modest and didn't really want me to). When the couple had come out to the steps, the woman was clutching her chest and struggling to breathe. Dan hesitated for a moment, then offered to call 911. Neither the man nor his wife spoke much English, so he was able to talk the dispatcher through what was going on and make sure help arrived quickly. I'm positive God made Erin fussy just at that moment to make sure Dan was outside to help - doesn't He work in mysterious ways? I'm so proud of my husband, and so grateful for him too!

I'm linking up with Fine Linen and Purple and also with Grace over at Camp Patton!


2 comments:

  1. Erin helped save a life (well, and Dan too!). Your dress is lovely also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great reminder that Someone knows what is up! Wonderful story.

    ReplyDelete