Sunday, April 21, 2013

What I Wore Sunday


Please excuse the poor photo - my photographer (aka my husband) is under the weather and only wanted to take one picture. Poor guy. Hopefully he'll start feeling better soon. Since he is so sick, I went to Mass with Erin today and left him at home with Emily. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, since we normally each handle one baby, but it did make me a lot more self-conscious than normal. I was glad to be wearing such a long dress - I've been considering hemming it, but now I'm having second thoughts. You can't really see it in this picture, but the dress has a flower detail on the right and a sash. I actually bought it as a nursing dress (the top is a wrap style), though it didn't get much use as such.

Dress: Mikarose (from Jen Clothing - great source of modest dressy clothes)
Cami: J. Jill (handed down from a friend)
Boots: DSW (Christmas gift from Dan - you may have seen them before!)
Shopping bag on the door behind me: has just been hanging out there for a few days

So this is week 3 of wearing skirts or dresses to Mass, and I've been impressed so far. Like I said last Sunday, I feel like I'm more focused when I'm dressed up. I admire the pictures of 1930s and 1940s America where women always wore dresses, but I'm sure they felt the same about their everyday dresses as I feel about my jeans and tees. I don't think I'm up to wearing skirts or dresses daily - I truly admire anyone who can pull that off! - but I still think that a dose of dressing up as a measure of respect for doing something meaningful is important.

I have started to wonder if I'll run out of things to wear soon, so I've been checking out the sale racks when we go shopping, hoping to run across another skirt to add to the mix. Skirts are really popular this year, but all the ones I've seen are either too short, too casual or too pricey for my taste. I suspect it would be a good sewing project - maybe I'll make myself a skirt.

I hope you all are having a great Sunday! Head on over to FLAP for more Mass attire!

2 comments:

  1. I love Mikarose! They have such cute stuff, and you look great. I feel the same way about dressing up for Mass and being able to focus better...as much as a restless 15 month old allows us to focus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't it feel good to dress up!? It makes me feel more feminine and pretty especially when I am SO TIRED. ;)

    ReplyDelete