Thursday, September 27, 2012

Introducing Thoroughly Thankful Thursdays!

I had an idea yesterday. I got to thinking about how easy it is to take all of the blessings we have in life for granted. I may be alone in this (but I'm sure I'm not) but how easy is it to call on God when we need help and forget to say "thank you" the rest of the time?

Anyway, I was writing a post in my head while driving home from the grocery store yesterday, and I decided to make a list of all the things I was thankful for. Megan at Positively (Im)perfect gave me the idea of asking you all to link your lists below, or share them in the comments!

So without further ado, here's my list:

1. My loving, handsome, hardworking husband and our beautiful baby girls
2. Our jobs
3. Beautiful fall weather before the rain starts
4. Helpful family that make our lives easier
5. Being able to save money on groceries while still supporting a local business
6. A cute little house to live in while we save up for our own
7. The courage to venture out with my babies, even if it means things take a little longer
8. Wonderful, caring, helpful friends
9. Patience (I'm always praying for more, but I am grateful for what I have!)
10. The Bible app on my phone, which takes away any excuses not to read some every day!
11. All the lovely ladies I've met through blogging, and your kind, encouraging comments that make my day every time!


What are you grateful for? I can't wait to hear!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS IDEA.
    Thank you! Readjusting my mind immediately.
    (Also...guess that picture isn't exactly the right size. LOL. I do have a forehead in real life...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, Sarah! I put my daily readings app on my homescreen but I STILL forget.

    I'm behind the blog curve today and I don't have quite enough time to throw a post together for a link-up, but I sure have a lot to be thankful for:) Here goes!
    -Beautiful fall colors
    -A roof over my head during the thunder storms last night
    -A wonderful pro-life family practice doctor who we get to go see today (for flu shots, hooray)
    -Beautiful kiddos who might stress me out sometimes but crack me up just as much
    -My husband who works so hard every day and does so much for our family
    -That staying home with my kids is an option for me now
    -That we have family nearby to help out

    Happy thankful Thrusday to you, can't wait for next week!

    ReplyDelete