Sunday, January 19, 2014

What I Wore Sunday: My First Taste of Weekend

Happy Sunday, everyone! As you may have guessed from the title, this is my first official weekend since I started working. I began my new position last Monday, and I'm really enjoying it. I am still with the same company, but I'm doing a completely different job now. I couldn't be more thankful. God really answered my prayers - which had gone something like "please give me peace with this part of Your will for me" by making it so I am home to see my babies every afternoon just in time for Dan to leave for work. Of course, he has two days off too (usually during the week) so we do have some time together as a family, and on the weekends, he's home in the mornings. All in all, we've been truly blessed. God is good!

Now, on to Sunday and Mass and the outfit. I even have some pictures of Emily and Erin's outfits for you this week. And, of course, an actual post, instead of just an Instagram shot like the last few months. (I'm a huge Instagram fan, so if you're not already following along, come check it out!)

Scarf - thrifted; sweater and skirt - Target clearance; fleece-lined leggings - Fred Meyer (on sale!); boots - gift from my husband (I think they're also from Target); tee  - Old Navy; glasses  - Walmart (birthday gift from my parents)

Boots. These get worn to church so often it's not even funny. 

Close up of the pattern on my skirt - I love that it's textured and HAS POCKETS. I love patterns, if you can't tell by looking at my socks...

Close up of the scarf. It really is beautiful. $2!
I am really loving my new glasses. I just picked them up last weekend, so this is my first non-blurry picture with them. I had to get some non-slip nose pads to really love them - apparently I have a skinny nose - but that did it. They're great. My parents got them for me as a birthday present, and let me pick the frames I wanted. As a bonus, they also have glare protection, and since I now drive to work at 5:30 am 5 days a week, this is essential. 

Other than the leggings and sweater, which are new to my wardrobe courtesy of Christmas and necessity, I've worn all of these before in a WIWS outfit. I love having clothes that can mix and match for different outfits. The scarf was even part of my Halloween costume (I was a librarian). 

Did you catch my getting dressed challenge this last week on Fine Linen and Purple? If not, go check it out. I have to be honest - I didn't know about my new job when I wrote that post. This really all happened within just a few days. But I do get up every day before 5 am now, so my part of the challenge is to make sure I'm actually getting dressed, not just putting on clothes. Some of my job can be messy, so I don't dress up, per se, but I do make a point of making an outfit. Programming the coffee maker and picking clothes out the night before is a big help here! If you want to participate, it's not too late! I'll be following up with another post over there later this week.

On to Mass behavior - sigh. This is a rough age, I've decided. Emily and Erin are so curious and excited every time we're out somewhere. It's just beyond their capacity to sit still and pay attention - not to mention that they have no idea what they're paying attention to. Emily made everyone who came in later than we did feel welcome today, though, by standing on the pew and smiling and saying "Hi!" as they walked in. At least, that is, until Dan and Erin found a parking place and came in to sit with us. Dan's brother joined us as well, and was a huge help in keeping the girls from escaping. Erin did make one break for the altar, and got about fifteen feet up the main aisle before Michael caught up with her. Michael, if you're reading this, I owe you a Pepsi. Thanks for being such a good sport. I feel sort of bad grading them, but since both girls yanked my glasses off and threw them (onto the similarly colored carpet - bad news) I don't think we can say it was an A. Really, I guess it's about a B- every week, since they're learning and we're learning and this is a rough age. I'll say it again. I wouldn't trade it for anything, though, because I'm loving their personalities and all they can do and how much they've grown and changed in the past 19 months. I'm so thankful to be their mama.

Have a blessed Sunday, all!






3 comments:

  1. Cute outfit! I love the colors and the pattern on your skirt, and those boots are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color combination! And totally following you on instagram now - can't get enough of those adorable twins!

    ReplyDelete