Sunday, December 9, 2012

What I Wore Sunday, Vol. 6: All Dolled Up - and it wasn't that scary!

Sweater, Ann Taylor LOFT (thrifted); tank, Motherhood Maternity; skirt, Banana Republic (hand-me-down); wedges, Target

As you may have guessed from the title of this post - I dressed up for Mass today! Look ma, no boots! There wasn't really anything different about today, except that we had our company Christmas party last night, so I acquired stockings to wear with my party dress, and we got my box of pre-second trimester shoes down out of the attic so I could wear heels. How does a Saturday night party make dressing up for Mass easier, you ask? Well, with the stockings already broken in and a whole BOX of shoes to choose from plus a new-to-me skirt - dressing up was easy! I just had to find the sweater. Which I'd planned to wear anyway. And you know what? It wasn't as scary as I thought, being all dressed up with baby Erin in my lap. Ok, I'll admit it - I covered my lap with her blanket - all in the name of baby comfort, right? ;) Nothing comfortable about Mommy's nice skirt! 

I'm kind of fascinated by the bygone era in which my outfit would have been considered casual - nice enough for shopping or school, but not nearly dressy enough for Mass. I know it doesn't really make any sense to go back to that, but maybe it's worth trying to make it easy to dress up when the occasion calls for it. Know what I mean? If you've ever read Hallie's post on figuring out your daily uniform, you are familiar with the concept of creating different versions of the same outfit. My new plan is to try this with dressy clothes. I figure you can have a capsule church wardrobe just as much as a capsule daily wardrobe, right?

I'm sure I won't be able to pull this off every week, but hey, I'll try (most) anything once! I already ordered another skirt to expand my Mass repertoire, and I have two pairs of wedge heels I'd forgotten about (swollen pregnant feet, anyone?) that are much easier to wear while rocking a baby. I'd still rather be at Mass in jeans and a shirt than home because I couldn't get dressed up, but since my skirt and heels proved themselves unworthy of my wary glances over the past few weeks, you should be seeing more of the above and less of a few weeks ago.

I'm linking up over at Fine Linen and Purple for What I Wore Sunday! Head on over to check out Kendra's cute top and her adorable little boy, and make sure to see what everyone else wore too!


5 comments:

  1. You look supa fly..... and major props for going with a skirt. I have yet to feel as though I pull off the kid/skirt combo in Mass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes slipping on a skirt is so easy. Well as soon as I get home from mass I change my clothes and change into sweat pants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited to be a new follower from the GFC blog hop! I hope you will follow me back as well!
    Thanks.
    Jenn

    http://couponcalimom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm your newest follower via the GFC hop -- happy to be following your blog!

    Aww, your little ones are SO sweet! A friend of mine just had twins, but both boys! I love reading your acts of kindness! So good to keep in mind all year-round!

    Lindsay
    www.youaretheroots.com

    ReplyDelete