Saturday, June 30, 2012

7 Quick Takes: Volume 7: Baby Edition


Thanks to Jen for hosting! If I needed an excuse for my blogging absence the past ten days, the following should suffice.

--- 1 ---
First things first: we welcomed our baby girls Emily and Erin on June 19th at 9:01 and 9:02 pm!
--- 2 ---
I still can't believe we get to keep them. They are so perfect and beautiful.
Erin and Emily, 1 day old.

--- 3 ---
I love being a mom more than I could have imagined.
--- 4 ---
It feels very strange not to be pregnant anymore. Wearing normal clothes (and shoes!) will definitely take some getting used to. As of the last couple of days, I move around a lot more easily too, which is making all of our lives easier.
--- 5 ---
Although I was induced at 38 weeks with a plan for a regular delivery, the girls were born by Caesarean section after 15 hours of labor with almost no progress. I was terrified the half-hour leading up to the surgery, but my doctor did a fantastic job and I am recovering well. We were in the hospital from Tuesday morning until Saturday afternoon, which gave all three of us time to recover and figure out what we were supposed to be doing. Dan did literally everything while we were there, since I couldn't really walk around without hunching over and holding my belly. These babies have the most awesome dad ever! He has easily changed three times as many diapers as I have already.
--- 6 ---
It has occurred to us that everything you do with a baby is a "first." So far, the twins have had their first diaper change, first meal, first bath, first outfits, first photo shoot, first car trip, first music on the radio, first stroller ride, first doctor's visit, first walk outdoors . . . and we've been home just barely a week. I can't wait to show them more of everything!                      
--- 7 ---
The last ten days have been the beginning of the most amazing experience I've ever had. I really can't wait for more. Did I mention I love being a mom?

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

11 comments:

  1. They are so beautiful! It will just keep getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a (fraternal) twin!

    Walking does get easier after a c-section though after mine, I could always tell who was recovering because of the way they were walking. We'd all tell each other that we were doing fantastically... while we were jonesing for Toradol or whatever they were giving us for pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear it, Jen! I didn't leave my room after mine, but I would have loved to see someone else walking funny to know it wasn't just me. I finally went for a walk the day we went home :)

      Delete
    2. We're fairly certain our girls are fraternal, but we may never know for sure. Is your twin your brother or sister?

      Delete
  3. Love these takes! So happy for you and your little family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH congrats on your beautiful little girls! I found you via the GFC blog hop and am happy to be your newest follower! I'd love for you to follow me back at http://www.two-in-diapers.blogspot.com. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gracious!! MY duaghter was born on June 19th this year too! And at 8:01 PM! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Ali! Happy 4 weeks to her! What's her name?

      Delete